The 5th ICT Security forum
Information security is absolutely essential, hot and renewable issue in the world of ICT, where the commercial, financial, Banking, Scientific, Services and Social sectors are increasingly dependent on ICT tools and technologies. The new development and innovation in the tools and information security technologies aims to assist companies, government and private sectors establishment to protect their assets of both information and IT systems against growing threats.
Syria is working towards boosting ICT sector on all levels. Several ambitious projects and investment opportunities are presented in ICT infrastructure and Internet. In this framework, Ministry of Communication and Technology has prepared a draft communication law and started preparation for the second stage of the mobile phone project where a license to a third or more GSM operators is to be given to provide mobile services in Syrian this year.
Forum main Topics:
- Internet and Network Security & Monitoring Systems
- Data Protection and Encryption
- Security and Privacy
- Prevention of Electronic Crimes
- E-signature (Law and Application)
- Response Centers for Computer Emergency
- Standards and Evaluation of Information Security
- E-Commerce and Security of Banking Information System s
- Identity and Access management of IT Systems
- Case Studies of Successful Government IS projects
- Social Effect of Information Security
- Wireless Communication and Mobile Security
The 5th Forum aims on diffusing the awareness of how important is information security, discussing all issues related to the security of information and IT systems, exposes the emerging threats to networks and IT systems and ways of implementing security measures, highlight the importance of human factor in the security of ICT systems, shows the importance of information security management availability and the legal dimension of information security, demonstrate up-to-data technology and applications related to ICT security. The Forum will give a chance f bringing together experts, specialists and decision makers to discuss challenges and exchange ideas and expertise
Lecturers and Participants:
-Elite of the most important International specialized companies will be present in the Forum to demonstrate the latest developments and technology they produce and use, sponsors are one of the most important participant in achieving successful forum.
- More than 700 participants will attend the Forum representing the top administrative and executive specialists in the ICT sector from ministries, directorates, government establishments, financial institutions, Internet Service Providers, Application software houses, training centers, private industrial and commercial companies, and universities).
- Speakers and lectures list combines top experts from the pioneer companies in the field of ICT, research centers and international consulting firms, in addition to government executives.
On parallel to the Forum’s lectures, an exhibition in which many local and international parties will display the most up-to-date products and technologies related to ICT Security and particularly those in the area of Networking, Mobile & Wireless Communication, Banking, Internet Application Service Providers, and several Equipments and IT Security System.
Arab Regional ISPs & DSPs Association ( Arispa) support the specialized workshop about (Online Content as a Service ) on 26/7/2009 at Dedeman Hotel -Damascus
Speakers of 5th ICT Security forum :
- H.E. Dr. Imad Al-Sabouni- Minister of Communications & Technology
- Dr. Rakan Razzouk, CEO of Syrian computer Society (SCS)
- Eng. Abdel Aziz Alhelayyel, Secretary-General, Arab Regional ISPs & DSPs Association (ARISPA)
- Dr. Eng. Nazem Bahsas - General Manager of Syrian Telecom.
- Mr. Rashed Majed Al-Abbar - Senior Manager Product Marketing for eBusiness Solutions at Etisalat
Central Marketing (UAE) - Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan - CEO International Investments, "Etisalat " ( UAE)
- Ahmed Al Awadi - Director Merger & Acquisitions Etisalat (UAE)
- Mr. zaid al khdidi – King Fahed security College (Saudi Arabia)
- Dr. Basel Khshi Asst. Minister of Communications & Technology (Syria)
- Mr. George Krause- founder and Managing Director, CE-Infosys group (Singapore)
- Mr. Fadi Moubarak -General manager, Levant Area Cisco ( Lebanon)
- Mr. Viroel Canja – Head of Bitdefnder( Romania)
- Eng. Saker Aslan - Information Technology Director /Deputy CEO, Damascus Securities Exchange.
- Eng.Hani Hussain : Department Informatics - Syrian Telecom
- Mr.Alexander Hagenah -IT Security Consultant AGT Advanced German Technology (UAE)
- Mr. Ammar Alkassar- CEO, Sirrix AG and TeleTrust executive board member (Germany)
- Dr. Marwan Zabibi – Professor at ICT Faculty-Arab International University (Syria)
- Mr. Anas Chbib -Managing Director, GT Advanced German Technology (Germany)
- Judge Tarek Al-Khin -Ministry of Justice (Syria)
- Eng. Fadia Suleiman – Director of studies & IT Projects, Ministry of Communications & Technology (Syria)
- Eng. Wael Obeid- Director of information technology development
Ministry of Communications & Technology (Syria)
- Dr. Nawar Al- Awwa- Dean of IT Faculty-Damascus University
- Mr. Markus Welcher Phion AG Area Sales Director (Austria)
- Mr. Stefan TANASE - Security Researcher, Kaspersky Lab. (Russia)
- Eng. Bassel Al Fakir, CEO ISP INET, Syria - Mr. Husin Jazri - CEO, CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Dr. Bachir AL-MOUNAJED- Former Minister of Communications & Technology (Syria)
- Mr. Robert P.Hilty – Senior Security Consultant at the Swiss CCS (Swiss Competence Center for Security)
- Ms. Rebah Kahlawi ICT Security Specialist National Agency for Computer Security (ANSI) (TUNISIA)
- Eng. Iyad Al Houshi, Project Manager, SCAN Syria, Syria
- Mr. Wissam Bouajram - MD MENA, Sagem securité Groupe SAFARN (France)