Human Capital Development for Progress
16 – 18 December 2008
Marriott Hotel, Cairo, EGYPT
The Information Technology Institute (ITI) is pleased to announce its sixth International
Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICICT2008) in cooperation
with the IEEE section in Egypt. The conference is organized under the auspices
of H.E. Dr. Tarek Kamel, Minister of Communications and Information Technology in
Egypt. Theme of this year’s conference is Human Capital Development for Progress.
Authors are encouraged to submit quality papers addressing the following areas of
interest which include (but are not limited to):
Planning for Human Capital Development
- Strategies, Policies, and Methodologies.
- Demand Forecast Models.
- Supply Models.
- Delivery & Facility Planning.
- Educator & Trainer Development Planning.
- Quality Assurance & Assessment Planning.
- Budget & Financial Resources Planning.
Current Status & Future Trends
- Market Needs at the National Level.
- Market Needs at the International Level.
- Onshoring & Offshoring.
- Globalization and Competitiveness.
Curriculum Development and Delivery Technologies
- Content Planning and Customization.
- Blended Learning Solutions (Self-paced, Instructor Led, Virtual Classrooms).
- Digital Libraries, Virtual Laboratories and Technology Museums.
Accreditation And Certifications
- Quality Assurance and Assessments.
- Certification & Accreditation.
- Professional Standards Supported by International Entities (IEEE, ACM, ISO, ISEB).
Country Success Stories Worldwide
(Challenges, Motivations, Initiatives, Implementations)
- The Irish Experience.
- The Japanese Experience.
- The Chinese Experience.
- The Indian Experience.
- The Finnish Experience.
- The Filipino Experience.
- The German Experience.
Authors are encouraged to submit quality panel proposals addressing practical/hard won experiences
in human capital development which include (but are not limited to):
- Vocational Training
- Education Partnerships (Public/Private - Local/International)
Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 15/06/2008
Notification of Paper Acceptance: 15/08/2008
Camera Ready Document: 01/09/2008
Conference Start Date: 16/12/2008